Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why Blog?

I spend a good part of everyday just GOING NONSTOP; doing readings for school, doing homework, doing housework, feeding my kids, making sure they’ve done the work they are supposed to have done, working in the classroom and taking care of all the minutia of my daily life. GOING, GOING, GOING. There are many times that I just collapse at the end of the day and I am too tired to reflect on much of anything other than who is going to be voted off of Survivor this week! Whether it’s for a class or just for my own self reflection, the physical act of taking the time to sit down and write for a blog requires that I stop and take a deep breath; it makes me reflect on some part of what I am learning and experiencing. It helps to give me a format to put down things that I want to remember and be able to reference in the future. It's too easy to go through life and forget things if you don't take the time to think, reflect, and write down.

I am hoping that this act of reflecting will help me to concentrate on WHY I want to put myself through all this hard work and effort. I’m hoping it will help me to remember what is important to me and give me the motivation to keep going. I’m hoping that it gives me the pat on the back I need to feel like I am accomplishing something important.

And just like those kindergarteners who are looking back at the writing journal they have created throughout the year and the progress they have made, I am looking forward to being able to look back at what I have written here to see how much I have learned throughout this adventure I have undertaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment