As I have been reading about Analysis Strategies in Fox, I have been more and more reminded of how much I learned from all those educational cartoons of my childhood. I saw this one recently.
I was wondering if these old cartoons still have a place in today's classroom? Will the kids enjoy them like I did, or roll their jaded eyes because they aren't digitally rendered and computer animated? I am hoping that tools such as Schoolhouse Rock would be timeless, but I guess I'll have to wait and see.
This is great! What a fun way a introduce adjectives (also a new word cluster) without boring/confusing young kids. They're learning grammar, spelling, and phonics all in one! I could see how something like this can help struggling readers, as well as ELL students get to know common word chunks easily and quickly.... LY!
ReplyDeleteAlthough the program is "outdated" I can see students still being engaged by this clip. Showing something like this either as an introduction or a supplement to a lesson would be beneficial, as it has entertainment value which children will enjoy, and it's definitely educational.